This page is dedicated to my talk Tame Your Test Code - A Trip With Git and to my workshop Git Like A Pro. In here I collect all the nice little things I’ve found so far in the wild wide world about Git. If you have some other cool stuff which I could add in here, please send me an email, thanks!
Not only the selection and usage of a tool makes you invincible, no, mastering by explaining it to others is what makes you a real superhero.
- WTF is Git?
- Oh Shit Git!
- Git is simpler
- Git the simple guide - no deep shit!
- The thing about Git
- Thinking like a Git
- Git refcard
- Create a .gitignore file for your project
- 10 Git commands you should know
- Quick reference, GitHub Cheat Sheet, Visual Cheat Sheet
- Git Reference
- Why Git is better than X
If Master has not diverged, instead of creating a new commit, git will just point master to the latest commit of the feature branch. This is a “fast forward.” There won’t be any “merge commit” in fast-forwarding merge.
- What does fast-forward mean?
- Fast forward and branch mgmt
- Fast forward git merge
- generate gitignore
- A collection of .gitignore templates
- gitignore generator for visual studio code
- How to Write a Git Commit Message
- Writing Good Commit Messages
- How To Write Proper Git Commit Messages
Here are just a few repository managers which you can choose from. All of them emphasise the collaborative work for a team.
- Lord of the files: GitHub
- GitHub Cards
- What to install
- Learn git branching
- Git GUI Clients
- Git Guide
- Reimplement Git from scratch
- A Git clone written in Rust
- Gource - a version control visualisation tool
- GitHub Browser Code Tree Navigation
Repo for the workshop Git Like A Pro
Follow me on GitHub ;-)